Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
Home Celebrity

Jonathan Majors Says He Was “Shocked” At Guilty Verdict In First Interview Since Assault Trial

Connie Marie by Connie Marie
January 8, 2024
in Celebrity
0
Jonathan Majors Says He Was “Shocked” At Guilty Verdict In First Interview Since Assault Trial
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


You might also like

Social Media Reacts To Woody’s Bald Spot In ‘Toy Story 5’ Trailer

Our Favorite Trends From New York Fashion Week FW26 – Essence

Did Diamond Brown Share Alleged Baby Gender?

Photo by FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP via Getty Images

Today, Jonathan Majors spoke out for the first time since a New York jury found him guilty of assault and harassment in an incident involving his ex-girlfriend.

In an interview with Linsey Davis on ABC’s Good Morning America, Majors said that he was “shocked” when he heard the verdict last month. Now, the Creed III star wanted to give his side of the story as he awaits sentencing on the misdemeanor charges.

“A lot has happened,” Majors said. “In my personal life, in my career in the culture. It’s about responsibility and coming forward and being brave and giving my part of the story.”

During his sit down, Majors was firm in his stance that he is not responsible for his former partner Grace Jabbari’s injuries. “That did not happen,” he said to Davis when she asked about the incident. In response to a question about how she got injured if not from him, he replied: “I wish to God I knew. That would give clarity, that would give me some type of peace about it.”

Despite being shocked about the verdict, the actor told Davis “I’m really blessed.”

“I’m surrounded by people who love me, who care about me,” he continued. “But this has been very, very, very hard, and very difficult, and confusing in many ways,” Majors said. “But I’m standing.”

Majors was arrested on March 25, 2023 after an incident with Jabbari while they were riding in a private vehicle. During her testimony, she said that she grabbed Majors’ phone after seeing a text from another woman. Jabbari added that he grabbed her arm and right hand, twisted her forearm and struck her head in order to get his phone back, which resulted in visible injuries to her body.

The 34-year-old actor, who was dropped by Marvel Studios after he was convicted following a two-week trial in December, said picking Jabbari up in the car where the altercation occurred was “one of the biggest mistakes of my life” and that trying to keep her in the car was the “second biggest mistake.” 

When asked if he agreed with the jury’s verdict on reckless assault, Majors said: “I was reckless with her heart—not with her body.”

At one point during the conversation, Majors became emotional because the case has prevented him from seeing his daughter. He also praised his current girlfriend, Meagan Good, who was also present for the interview, for her love and support during these trying times. 

Majors was also asked about an audio recording played in court, in which the actor could be heard saying he was a “great man” and wanted Jabbari to be more like Michelle Obama and Coretta Scott King. 

“It was me trying to give an analogy of what it is I’m aspiring to be. These great men, Martin, President Obama,” Majors said. “I need her, in that case, Grace, to make the same sacrifices I am making.”

In response to Majors’ comments during the sit-down interview, Jabbari’s attorney made a statement to ABC News, staying the actor “continues to take no accountability for his actions, and that he showed a “clear lack of remorse for the actions for which he was found guilty,” adding that this should be taken into account when a sentence is handed out.

Majors concluded the interview by saying that he still has hope to resume his career in Hollywood.  “I pray I do,” Majors said of returning to the screen. “But it’s God’s plan and God’s timing.”

Majors is set to be sentenced on February 6 and could face up to a year in prison or probation.



Source link

Tags: AssaultGuiltyInterviewJonathanMajorsShockedtrialVerdict
Share30Tweet19
Connie Marie

Connie Marie

Recommended For You

Social Media Reacts To Woody’s Bald Spot In ‘Toy Story 5’ Trailer

by Connie Marie
February 20, 2026
0
Social Media Reacts To Woody’s Bald Spot In ‘Toy Story 5’ Trailer

Pulled up with the rear ceiling missing?? Source: Pixar/Disney / Pixar/Disney Social media is buzzing over the highly anticipated new Toy Story 5 trailer where we see Woody,...

Read more

Our Favorite Trends From New York Fashion Week FW26 – Essence

by Connie Marie
February 20, 2026
0
Our Favorite Trends From New York Fashion Week FW26 – Essence

Estrop/Getty Images Fashion Week began with its traditional opener, Marc Jacobs. His energy always feels fun, whimsical, and endlessly creative—setting the tone for excitement, exploration, and imagination. My...

Read more

Did Diamond Brown Share Alleged Baby Gender?

by Connie Marie
February 19, 2026
0
Did Diamond Brown Share Alleged Baby Gender?

Some social media users are speculating whether Diamond Brown may have just revealed the gender of Chris Brown‘s alleged “new baby on the way.”RELATED: What’s Goin’ On?! Diamond Brown...

Read more

Naomi Campbell Speaks Out After Name Appears In Epstein Files

by Connie Marie
February 19, 2026
0
Naomi Campbell Speaks Out After Name Appears In Epstein Files

Source: Dave Benett / Getty Naomi Campbell returned to Instagram on Feb. 15 to once again address scrutiny over her past connection to disgraced financier and convicted sex...

Read more

Stephen Colbert Slams CBS For Banning James Talarico Interview

by Connie Marie
February 19, 2026
0
Stephen Colbert Slams CBS For Banning James Talarico Interview

Source: ANGELA WEISS / Getty Stephen Colbert is in a lame duck phase of his popular late-night show, and he no longer has a f*** to give. It...

Read more
Next Post
Jo Koy Defends Taylor Swift Joke At Golden Globes After Her Viral Reaction

Jo Koy Defends Taylor Swift Joke At Golden Globes After Her Viral Reaction

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse by Category

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized

CATEGORIES

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized
No Result
View All Result

Recent News

  • ASOS Co-Founder Quentin Griffiths Dies After Fall From Thailand High-Rise • Hollywood Unlocked
  • The Pitt Season 2 Explains Dr. Abbott’s Police Uniform
  • Social Media Reacts To Woody’s Bald Spot In ‘Toy Story 5’ Trailer

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In