Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
Home Music

Capulet Fest Under Investigation by Connecticut Attorney General

rmtsa by rmtsa
July 3, 2024
in Music
0
Capulet Fest Under Investigation by Connecticut Attorney General
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


You might also like

Alex Terrible Posts Bloody Aftermath of Latest Bare Knuckle Fight

Bands Continue Exiting Radar Festival Following Bob Vylan Controversy

Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath Give Final Live Performances

The company that hosts Capulet Fest, Capulet Entertainment LLC, is now under investigation by Connecticut Attorney General William Tong after his office received numerous complaints from the state’s residents.

The festival was originally set to take place June 28 through the 30 at the Thompson Speedway in Thompson, Connecticut. However, on June 27 — just one day prior to the start of the event — the organizers announced that it had been moved to a significantly smaller venue, the Webster Theater in Hartford.

What Happened at Capulet Fest?

What was initially supposed to be a three-day outdoor festival with vendors and other activities became a multi-day indoor concert with extremely limited parking and hardly any other accommodations. Not to mention, 20 bands that were announced on the first lineup had now dropped off.

Regardless of the changes, the event went on — but was cut short a day early after the organizers failed to meet their financial obligations to the Webster Theater.

“Despite our best efforts and due to unforeseen circumstances, Capulet Fest concluded on Saturday night with a spectacular performance by Skillet,” an announcement on the festival’s website reads.

Several bands have also since posted statements regarding the festival organizer’s lack of organization and communication, including Nothing More, who were set to headline one of the nights.

Connecticut Attorney General Announces Investigation Into Capulet Fest

Yesterday (July 2), Attorney General Wong addressed the festival during a conference after his office received many complaints from individuals who’d purchased tickets for the event.

“Nothing makes me more angry than seeing people in our state getting ripped off, and I’m afraid that’s what happened with the Capulet music festival ” Tong said, adding that he said a billboard advertising the festival on the highway and noted the positive experience it promised fans.

“That’s not what people got,” he asserted. “This morning, we’re up to 60 complaints about what was not delivered. That billboard now feels to me, when I see it, like one big, giant misrepresentation and lie told to the people who paid good money for these tickets.”

Tong called the outcome of the festival “outrageous, wrong and unacceptable.”

Thus, the investigation was launched yesterday, and Tong’s office has been in contact with Capulet Fest founder Estevan Vega’s lawyer.

Connecticut Attorney General Answers Questions About Capulet Fest Investigation

Following his initial speech regarding the festival, the floor was opened up for questions from attendees.

One individual mentioned the refund and ticket purchase protection policy that was mentioned on the festival’s website.

“Frankly, that’s nonsense. That he might’ve included boilerplate on his website saying ‘No Refunds, Rain or Shine,’ — that doesn’t get it done. When you promise people at $65, $300 or $700, that you’re gonna deliver a three-day festival that has food, that has camping, that has security, that is safe, you gotta deliver on that. And they didn’t, not even close,” Tong affirmed.

READ MORE: 2024 Rock + Metal Festival + Cruise Guide

The Attorney General further stated that they don’t currently have enough information about the Capulet Entertainment LLC or Vega, so they aren’t sure what type of compensation they’ll be able to provide to people who purchased tickets for the event.

“We’ll do everything we can for fans. Fans are, first and foremost, in our priorities in this investigation, and try to make it right for fans,” he assured.

See the full conference below.

Capulet Fest Under Investigation by Connecticut Attorney General William Tong

15 Most Disastrous Music Festivals in History

Here are some of the most disastrous music festivals in history, many of which proved unacceptably arduous for attendees, but a handful of others that unfortunately turned tragic. You might remember many of these instances — others you may not know about yet. Keep reading to find out.

Gallery Credit: Philip Trapp



Source link

Tags: AttorneyCapuletConnecticutfestGeneralInvestigation
Share30Tweet19
rmtsa

rmtsa

Recommended For You

Alex Terrible Posts Bloody Aftermath of Latest Bare Knuckle Fight

by rmtsa
July 7, 2025
0
Alex Terrible Posts Bloody Aftermath of Latest Bare Knuckle Fight

As you may know, Slaughter to Prevail frontman Alex Terrible is also a professional bare knuckle fighter who’s more than happy to share the gruesome aftermath of his...

Read more

Bands Continue Exiting Radar Festival Following Bob Vylan Controversy

by rmtsa
July 7, 2025
0
Bands Continue Exiting Radar Festival Following Bob Vylan Controversy

Manchester’s Radar Festival is seeing a growing wave of artist withdrawals in the wake of Bob Vylan’s controversial Glastonbury performance and subsequent removal from the Manchester event’s lineup....

Read more

Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath Give Final Live Performances

by rmtsa
July 7, 2025
0
Ozzy Osbourne, Black Sabbath Give Final Live Performances

Rock’n’roll farewells often don’t last, but Black Sabbath and its frontman Ozzy Osbourne tonight (July 5) gave what they’ve insisted will be their final live performances ever as...

Read more

Hip-Hop Artists We Lost in 2025

by rmtsa
July 6, 2025
0
Hip-Hop Artists We Lost in 2025

Death, though inevitable, is always a tough pill to swallow. This year, the rap world has been rocked by news of the passing of several notable hip-hop artists.The...

Read more

Marshmello Launches New Era of Joytime Collective With First-Ever Compilation, "Jumpstart Vol. 1"

by rmtsa
July 6, 2025
0
Marshmello Launches New Era of Joytime Collective With First-Ever Compilation, "Jumpstart Vol. 1"

After recently celebrating 10 years of Joytime Collective, Marshmello is now lighting the fuse for what comes next. The masked hitmaker is launching his record label into its...

Read more
Next Post
‘RHOC’ Premiere Clip Shows Shannon Beador Crying Over DUI

'RHOC' Premiere Clip Shows Shannon Beador Crying Over DUI

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse by Category

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized

CATEGORIES

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized
No Result
View All Result

Recent News

  • Watch Exclusive Trailer For ‘2000 Meters To Andriivka’ Documentary
  • Cartoon: Hell in a handbasket
  • Mel B Ties The Knot, Wears Dress Designed By Fellow Spice Girl

Copyright © 2023 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop

Copyright © 2023 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In