Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
Home TV

Rebel Wilson Responds to The Deb Producers’ Lawsuit Against Her

Connie Marie by Connie Marie
July 18, 2024
in TV
0
Rebel Wilson Responds to The Deb Producers’ Lawsuit Against Her
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


You might also like

Find Out Which RHOSLC Cast Members Have Been Asked Back as Season 7 to Begin Filming Next Week

Boston Blue – Episode 1.12 – St. Patrick’s Day

Why Gary Oldman Considers Apple TV’s Slow Horses To Be A Career Highlight

Rebel Wilson Names Actor Who She Lost Her Virginity With

Rebel Wilson.
Brendon Thorne/Getty Images for AFI

The cast of The Deb is rallying behind Rebel Wilson amid a lawsuit against the first-time director.

The Pitch Perfect actress, 44, was sued for defamation last week by the film’s producers after she publicly accused them of engaging in “bad behavior.” In response, they lodged complaints accusing her of being “unprofessional” and a “bully” while taking on her new role behind the camera. 

Wilson took to Instagram on Friday, July 12, to address the lawsuit and share a photo of herself with the entire cast and crew of the film. 

“It’s not defamation if it’s the TRUTH,” Wilson wrote in the caption. “Let our cool movie play at Toronto [Film Festival] and stop messing about with a rubbish defamation suit against me.”

Pitch Perfect Cast Where Are They Now Anna Kendrick Skylar Astin and More

Related: ‘Pitch Perfect’ Cast: Where Are They Now?

Pitch Perfect hit theaters in 2012 and became an instant classic — and the cast has since turned out two aca-awesome sequels. The original Bellas — made up of Beca (Anna Kendrick), Aubrey (Anna Camp), Chloe (Brittany Snow), Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson) and more — cemented their place in viewers’ hearts early on before adding new […]

The stars of The Deb have since showcased their support for Wilson, with actor Max Ostler telling People in a statement on Wednesday, July 17:

“Rebel consistently expressed immense gratitude toward all individuals involved in the project. Noteworthy examples of her appreciation include the personalized caps she presented to each cast member as keepsake gifts, as well as the raffle prizes she distributed during one of the filming nights.”

Ostler stated that the “thoughtful gestures” were unsolicited and “served to highlight her genuine and compassionate character.” He said Wilson “demonstrated a genuine commitment to fostering a welcoming atmosphere” and “made a conscious effort to greet and engage with not only myself but with every individual involved in the project.”

Actor Shane Jacobson also defended Wilson, calling her “incredibly supportive and collaborative on set not only to myself, but also to those around me during filming and at all other times.”

Hollywood Actors Turned Directors

Related: Hollywood Actors Turned Directors

Lights, camera, action! From Denzel Washington to Ben Affleck, many actors seamlessly made the switch from being in front of the camera to behind it — but it wasn’t always as easy as it looked. While making her 2019 directorial debut, Booksmart, Olivia Wilde remembered getting really “terrible advice” from a fellow actor turned director […]

News of issues surrounding the film broke on July 10 when Wilson alleged in an Instagram video post that producers behind The Deb — a musical comedy set in her native Australia — were sabotaging the film’s opportunity to premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival as well as threatening not to release it at all.

While addressing her followers, Wilson named Amanda Ghost, Gregor Cameron and Vince Holden and said that she had “discovered” the producers’ “bad behavior” in October 2023 and reported it afterward. Her allegations included “inappropriate behavior towards the lead actress of the film” and “embezzling funds from the film’s budget.” Wilson claimed the producing team behaved with “absolute viciousness and retaliatory behavior” toward her for reporting the alleged incidents. 

Wilson said The Deb had been chosen to close the Toronto’s film festival in September, a “massive” honor, but claimed her “business partners” had sought to block the screening, saying, “No, the movie can’t premiere.” She added that the setback “is just beyond devastating.”

“I won’t be threatened. I will speak the truth,” Wilson said, adding, “If the movie doesn’t play in Toronto, it’s because of these absolute f–kwits.”

Rebel Wilson Transformation Through the Years

Related: Rebel Wilson’s Transformation Through the Years

Her journey, her way! Rebel Wilson has transformed herself since cementing her place as a dynamite presence in the Hollywood film industry. “I took something that was seen as a disadvantage — no one thinks if you’re fat that you’re going to be an actress and everyone’s going to love you — and turned it […]

On Friday, July 12, Ghost, Cameron and Holden filed the defamation suit against Wilson in Los Angeles. In court documents obtained by Us Weekly at the time, they alleged she’s a “bully who will disregard the interests of others to promote her own” and that she “behaved unprofessionally with employees” and “repeatedly made unauthorized and improper disclosures” about the film. 

Thank You!

You have successfully subscribed.

The trio denied embezzling from the film’s budget and said there was “absolutely no basis in reality” to the allegations that a producer harassed a lead actor. According to the suit, Wilson’s conduct “has caused severe financial, professional and reputational harm to the plaintiffs and jeopardized the success of the film.”

The day after the filing, Wilson denounced the lawsuit in her Instagram Stories, calling it “all sorts of rubbish” and declaring, “The cast & crew are with me and want this movie to premiere at Toronto!”

On Tuesday, July 15, the film festival announced that The Deb would indeed screen on its closing night, Sept. 15. Wilson posted an Instagram update expressing her gratitude to the festival “for the selection of a film so close to my heart, a film I’ve fought to make as a first time female director.”



Source link

Tags: DeblawsuitProducersRebelRespondsWilson
Share30Tweet19
Connie Marie

Connie Marie

Recommended For You

Find Out Which RHOSLC Cast Members Have Been Asked Back as Season 7 to Begin Filming Next Week

by Connie Marie
February 21, 2026
0
Find Out Which RHOSLC Cast Members Have Been Asked Back as Season 7 to Begin Filming Next Week

1 Credit: Bravo The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City cast will reportedly go into production on its upcoming seventh season next week. As series friend Britani Bateman,...

Read more

Boston Blue – Episode 1.12 – St. Patrick’s Day

by Connie Marie
February 21, 2026
0
Boston Blue – Episode 1.12 – St. Patrick’s Day

“St. Patrick’s Day” – Danny, Sarah and Lena race to stop a looming threat on St. Patrick’s Day. Meanwhile, homesickness sparks a family gathering, and Lena’s personal life...

Read more

Why Gary Oldman Considers Apple TV’s Slow Horses To Be A Career Highlight

by Connie Marie
February 21, 2026
0
Why Gary Oldman Considers Apple TV’s Slow Horses To Be A Career Highlight

Apple TV There's no question that "Slow Horses" is one of the best spy shows in recent years,...

Read more

Barry Manilow Postpones More Concerts After ‘Depressing’ Cancer Update

by Connie Marie
February 21, 2026
0
Barry Manilow Postpones More Concerts After ‘Depressing’ Cancer Update

Barry Manilow offered an update as he recovers from lung cancer surgery. “ just got home from visiting the surgeon very depressing visit,” Manilow, 82, wrote in a...

Read more

RHOA’s Eva Marcille Admits She’s “Horrified” by Controversial ANTM Doc, Explains Why Tyra Banks’ Apologies Will Never Be “Big Enough”

by Connie Marie
February 21, 2026
0
RHOA’s Eva Marcille Admits She’s “Horrified” by Controversial ANTM Doc, Explains Why Tyra Banks’ Apologies Will Never Be “Big Enough”

405 Credit: Abaca Press/INSTARimages Eva Marcille is weighing in on Reality Check: Inside America’s Next Top Model, a recently premiered Netflix docuseries about America’s Next Top Model. Over...

Read more
Next Post
Paris Hilton Admits Shooting ‘Simple Life’ Reunion Is ‘So Much Fun’ – Hollywood Life

Paris Hilton Admits Shooting ‘Simple Life’ Reunion Is ‘So Much Fun’ – Hollywood Life

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse by Category

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized

CATEGORIES

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized
No Result
View All Result

Recent News

  • Kayla Nicole Speaks On Travis Kelce Relationship Ending
  • 5 Best AI Image Generators in 2026: The Ultimate Comprehensive Guide
  • Find Out Which RHOSLC Cast Members Have Been Asked Back as Season 7 to Begin Filming Next Week

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In