Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
Home Gossip

Olivia Rodrigo Slams Donald Trump For Unauthorized Song Use

Connie Marie by Connie Marie
November 10, 2024
in Gossip
0
Olivia Rodrigo Slams Donald Trump For Unauthorized Song Use
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


You might also like

Haley Kalil Says Matt Kalil Penis Size Comments Aren’t Invasion of Privacy

Out Of Control! California Students Under Investigation After Posing for Homophobic Photo! • Hollywood Unlocked

‘The Batman 3’ Gets Positive Update Amid ‘Brave And The Bold’ Development

Olivia Rodrigo was less than thrilled when she discovered that her song was being used to celebrate Donald Trump’s recent victory.

Earlier this week, as election results rolled in and Trump appeared to secure a second term, the official Team Trump TikTok account posted a celebratory video set to Rodrigo’s hit song “deja vu,” and Rodrigo was less than thrilled.

Olivia Rodrigo’s stance is no surprise, given her public support for Vice President Kamala Harris.

Article continues below advertisement

Donald Trump Uses ‘deja vu’ In Campaign Video

The video included a caption reading, “And suddenly the words ‘I’m the President-Elect’ came out of my mouth…,” a reference to the déjà vu of Trump winning the presidency again. But Rodrigo wasn’t having it.

The 20-year-old pop sensation quickly took to the comments, writing, “ew don’t use my sound ever again ty.”

Though Rodrigo’s comment has since disappeared, it seems she took further action behind the scenes. The song was promptly removed from the video, presumably at her request, as she holds partial copyright ownership.

In July, she endorsed Harris on Instagram Stories, sharing a clip from one of Harris’s rallies.

Article continues below advertisement

Fans Call Olivia Rodrigo ‘Iconic’ For Calling Out Donald Trump

Olivia Rodrigo performs in Madrid
MEGA

Fans are calling Rodrigo “iconic” after she publicly called out Trump for using her music without permission.

“LMFAOOOO SHES SO ICONIC,” one TikToker said.

“That’s right. Queen behavior,” another expressed.

“BYE SHES TOO ICONIC FOR THAT,” a third said.

Rodrigo has long been a vocal advocate for reproductive rights and is the founder of the Fund 4 Good, an initiative aimed at promoting women’s and girls’ rights to education, reproductive health, and protection from gender-based violence.

In 2021, Rodrigo even met with Vice President Harris to discuss vaccine awareness, making it unsurprising that she would take issue with the Trump campaign’s use of her music.

Article continues below advertisement

Olivia Rodrigo Sparks Controversy After Handing Out Condoms And Plan B At Concert

Olivia Rodrigo performs in Madrid
MEGA

Earlier this year, Rodrigo made headlines at a St. Louis concert by providing fans with an unexpected parting gift: condoms and Plan B, distributed in collaboration with the Missouri Abortion Fund. The initiative aimed to promote reproductive health, with the former Disney Channel star using her platform to advocate for contraception access and support reproductive rights.

“I’m devastated and terrified,” Rodrigo told the crowd at the time, per The Guardian. “So many women and so many girls are going to die because of this. I wanted to dedicate this next song to the five members of the Supreme Court who have showed us that at the end of the day, they truly don’t give a sh-t about freedom.”

Article continues below advertisement

Olivia Rodrigo Supports Reproductive Rights

Olivia Rodrigo performs on NBC's "Today" show
MEGA

Rodrigo, founder of the non-profit Fund 4 Good, has been an outspoken advocate for reproductive rights.

“Before I pop onstage, I wanted to come on here and talk about something I’m really excited about,” Rodrigo told the crowd in California last month, per Billboard. “The Fund 4 Good works to support all women, girls and people seeking reproductive health freedom.”

“The fund will directly support community-based nonprofits that champion things like girls’ education, support reproductive rights and prevent gender-based violence,” the “good 4 u” singer added.

Article continues below advertisement

Olivia Rodrigo Joins The List Of Hollywood Artists Calling Out Trump For Unauthorized Use Of Music

Trump addresses the The Republican National Convention in Milwaukee
MEGA

In August 2024, for example, Celine Dion’s team released a statement disavowing the use of her song “My Heart Will Go On” at a Trump rally in Montana, stressing that the use was unauthorized. Similarly, in September 2024, the estate of Isaac Hayes secured a preliminary injunction to prevent the Trump campaign from using “Hold On, I’m Coming” at events, citing copyright infringement.

Rihanna, Jack White, Steven Tyler, Neil Young, Guns N’ Roses, and Earth, Wind & Fire have also openly condemned the use of their music at Trump rallies or in social media posts, much like Rodrigo’s recent stance.

Artists like Tom Petty, Beyoncé, Linkin Park, and Pharrell even issued cease-and-desist orders to the campaign to prevent further use of their song



Source link

Tags: DonaldOliviaRodrigoSlamsSongTrumpUnauthorized
Share30Tweet19
Connie Marie

Connie Marie

Recommended For You

Haley Kalil Says Matt Kalil Penis Size Comments Aren’t Invasion of Privacy

by Connie Marie
February 19, 2026
0
Haley Kalil Says Matt Kalil Penis Size Comments Aren’t Invasion of Privacy

Haley Kalil On Matt Kalil Penis Size My Sexual Pain Isn't Invasion of Privacy Published February 18, 2026 6:11 PM PST Haley Kalil is doubling down on her...

Read more

Out Of Control! California Students Under Investigation After Posing for Homophobic Photo! • Hollywood Unlocked

by Connie Marie
February 19, 2026
0
Out Of Control! California Students Under Investigation After Posing for Homophobic Photo! • Hollywood Unlocked

A group of high school seniors posed for a class-wide photo that was originally spelled out the phrase “Class of 2026 Always Legit.” But at some point, the...

Read more

‘The Batman 3’ Gets Positive Update Amid ‘Brave And The Bold’ Development

by Connie Marie
February 18, 2026
0
‘The Batman 3’ Gets Positive Update Amid ‘Brave And The Bold’ Development

Is The Batman trilogy finally coming to a close? A rumor suggests that Matt Reeves’ long-awaited threequel may be a top priority for the studio. After five years...

Read more

Mgmt Entertainment Hires Josh Kesselman, Amy Zvi & Katrina Escudero

by Connie Marie
February 18, 2026
0
Mgmt Entertainment Hires Josh Kesselman, Amy Zvi & Katrina Escudero

EXCLUSIVE: Josh Kesselman, Amy Zvi, and Katrina Escudero have joined Mgmt Entertainment, with Kesselman and Zvi being named partners, Deadline has learned. Industry veterans, each with their own...

Read more

Cardi B Reveals Plan To Remove Some Of Her Butt Implants

by Connie Marie
February 18, 2026
0
Cardi B Reveals Plan To Remove Some Of Her Butt Implants

Cardi B will get her butt implants reduced after her tour, avoiding contact for 3 months. Cardi B warns others about the risks of butt injections, advising to...

Read more
Next Post
Watch Gandalf Battle The Balrog in Deleted Scene From Ralph Bakshi’s 1978 Animated THE LORD OF THE RINGS — GeekTyrant

Watch Gandalf Battle The Balrog in Deleted Scene From Ralph Bakshi's 1978 Animated THE LORD OF THE RINGS — GeekTyrant

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse by Category

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized

CATEGORIES

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized
No Result
View All Result

Recent News

  • Robert Duvall Remembered by Tender Mercies Director Bruce Beresford
  • D.B. Sweeney was the original hockey heartthrob. Yes, ‘Heated Rivalry’ is on his radar.
  • ZACK KAPLAN AND DARK HORSE COMICS REVEAL MAJOR MULTI-TITLE DEAL FOR 2026 :: Dark Horse Comics

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In