Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
Home Celebrity

Judge Rules Prosecutors Must Destroy Notes From Diddy’s Jail Cell

Connie Marie by Connie Marie
November 20, 2024
in Celebrity
0
Judge Rules Prosecutors Must Destroy Notes From Diddy’s Jail Cell
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


You might also like

Karrueche Tran Shares Look At Deion Sanders V-Day Date (Video)

The Internet Is Debating Tyra Banks Over ‘Reality Check’ Doc

Tyriq Withers & Miles Caton

The judge overseeing Sean “Diddy” Combs’ case has ordered federal prosecutors to destroy several pages of his handwritten notes. This update comes amid the disgraced mogul facing accusations from five new accusers.

Source: Billboard / Getty

As we previously reported, Diddy’s legal team said federal prosecutors were “outrageous” for obtaining personal notes from his jail cell during a raid.

According to CNN, Combs’ attorneys described the search of his cell as a violation of his constitutional rights.

“The targeted seizure of a pre-trial detainee’s work product and privileged materials – created in preparation for trial – is outrageous government conduct amounting to a substantive due process violation,” his lawyers wrote, asking Judge Arun Subramanian to hold an evidentiary hearing.

The disgraced music mogul’s lawyers first learned that prosecutors possessed his notes from a court filing late Friday night. Prosecutors disclosed in the filing that the notes were obtained during a nationwide pre-planned sweep of Bureau of Prison facilities. Because of information allegedly found in the notes, they suggested that Combs was attempting to influence witnesses ahead of his trial.

During an hour-long hearing on Tuesday, Judge Arun Subramanian ordered federal prosecutors to destroy several pages of Diddy’s handwritten notes.

“The government should not be in possession of the 19 pages,” Subramanian said at the end of the hearing.

The defense also sought to have Combs unshackled during his court appearances, which the judge agreed to, marking the first time he appeared without shackles around his ankles. According to ABC News, Diddy seemed happy to walk in so freely, flashing smiles at people in the courtroom and hugging each of his lawyers.

Defense attorney Marc Agnifilo held a stack of papers during the hearing which were seized from Combs’ cell, pointing out that the rapper “has handwritten the word ‘legal’” on them. Because of this, he argued that every page from the stack is subject to attorney-client privilege.

Prosecutor Christy Slavik disagreed, saying: “Self-labeling something ‘legal’ does not automatically make it subject to the attorney-client privilege.”

They went on to cite Combs’ notes in their argument against granting him bail, saying they left a “strong inference” that Combs had paid off a potential witness. However, in the upcoming hearing on Friday, the judge said he would no longer consider the example when he decides whether to release the Bad Boy founder.

This win for Combs’ legal team comes as several new accusers have come forward to accuse the disgraced music mogul of sexual assaults.

Five alleged victims claim Combs drugged and raped them from 2001 to 2022, according to New York federal court filings reviewed by USA TODAY. The accusers, who filed their legal complaints anonymously, are represented by Texas-based attorney Tony Buzbee, who previously announced that he intends to file lawsuits on behalf of 120 alleged victims.

Buzbee announced the new lawsuits in a statement on Tuesday, saying that his law firm expects “to be filing cases weekly naming Mr. Combs and others as defendants as we continue to gather evidence and prepare the filings.”

A rep for Diddy responded with a statement of their own, calling the lawsuits “shameless publicity stunts.”

“The extortion lawsuit against Mr. Buzbee exposes his barrage of lawsuits against Mr. Combs for what they are: shameless publicity stunts, designed to extract payments from celebrities who fear having lies spread about them, just as lies have been spread about Mr. Combs,” a representative for Combs said in a statement to USA TODAY. “As his legal team has said before, Mr. Combs has full confidence in the facts and the integrity of the judicial process.”

The statement continued: “In court, the truth will prevail: that Mr. Combs never sexually assaulted or trafficked anyone—man or woman, adult or minor.”



Source link

Tags: CellDestroyDiddysjailJudgeNotesProsecutorsRules
Share30Tweet19
Connie Marie

Connie Marie

Recommended For You

Karrueche Tran Shares Look At Deion Sanders V-Day Date (Video)

by Connie Marie
February 17, 2026
0
Karrueche Tran Shares Look At Deion Sanders V-Day Date (Video)

Karrueche Tran shared a glimpse of her and Deion Sanders‘ Valentine’s Day date, and internet users can’t stop crackin’ up at one thing.RELATED: Awww! Footage Shows Karrueche Tran &...

Read more

The Internet Is Debating Tyra Banks Over ‘Reality Check’ Doc

by Connie Marie
February 17, 2026
0
The Internet Is Debating Tyra Banks Over ‘Reality Check’ Doc

Source: Reality Check: Inside America’s Next Top Model / Netflix Tyra Banks is facing renewed scrutiny over what really happened behind the scenes during her tenure on America’s...

Read more

Tyriq Withers & Miles Caton

by Connie Marie
February 17, 2026
0
Tyriq Withers & Miles Caton

Withers describes Sinners as a sensory experience, with music integral to the storytelling Caton was struck by the powerful representation in Black Panther, which balanced cultural specificity with...

Read more

Chest Strip, Apparent Blood From Eye Has Fans Concerned

by Connie Marie
February 17, 2026
0
Chest Strip, Apparent Blood From Eye Has Fans Concerned

Footage of Ray J performing with a chest patch and apparent blood running from his eyes has left fans concerned. RELATED: Get Brandy’s Brother Please! 5 Times Ray J...

Read more

Maria Taylor Becomes First Black Woman To Host Super Bowl

by Connie Marie
February 17, 2026
0
Maria Taylor Becomes First Black Woman To Host Super Bowl

Source: Mitchell Leff / Getty Social media users are asking, “Who is Maria Taylor?” after the NBC anchor’s history-making appearance at Super Bowl LX on Feb. 8. Taylor,...

Read more
Next Post
British Tourist, 18, Facing 20 Year Prison Sentence in Dubai Over Vacation Romance With 17-Year-Old Girl • Hollywood Unlocked

British Tourist, 18, Facing 20 Year Prison Sentence in Dubai Over Vacation Romance With 17-Year-Old Girl • Hollywood Unlocked

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse by Category

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized

CATEGORIES

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized
No Result
View All Result

Recent News

  • Karrueche Tran Shares Look At Deion Sanders V-Day Date (Video)
  • RHOC’s Kelly Dodd Threatens to Sue Doctor as Doctor Mocks Lawsuit Threat
  • Savannah Guthrie’s Husband Lands in Arizona Amid Search for Nancy

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In