Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
Home DramaAlert

Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs denied bail for a 3rd time, will remain behind bars until May 2025 trial

Connie Marie by Connie Marie
November 28, 2024
in DramaAlert
0
Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs denied bail for a 3rd time, will remain behind bars until May 2025 trial
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


You might also like

Eric Dane Dead at 53

South African Court Rules Against Gabrielle Goliath To Keep Exhibit

‘ANTM’ Cycle 3 Winner Eva Marcille Says She Was Shocked by Claims in Doc

Sean “Diddy” Combs will remain behind bars until his May 2025 sex trafficking trial. The defense’s third attempt to free the 54-year-old music mogul was denied on Wednesday. It’s been an eventful two weeks in the federal case against the Bad Boy Records founder.

U.S. District Judge Arun Subramanian agreed that the government provided “clear and convincing evidence” that “that no condition or combination of conditions will reasonably assure the safety of the community” if he were to be released. The judge cited the “nature and circumstances of the offense charged,” the “weight of the evidence” against the music mogul,” Combs’s “history and characteristics” and “nature and seriousness of the danger that would be posed by the person’s release.”

Combs was denied bail twice before: Combs’s lawyers then proposed a detailed $50 million package in hopes of freeing their client. The latest offer included home confinement with GPS monitoring at a New York City apartment, an approved list of guests — with reportedly no female visitors allowed other than family members — and 24/7 monitoring of Combs by private security. The government strongly opposed this as it has accused Combs of witness tampering, even behind bars, and believe he’s a danger to others.

Trusted news and daily delights, right in your inbox

See for yourself — The Yodel is the go-to source for daily news, entertainment and feel-good stories.

In his written decision, Subramanian cited charges set forth in the federal indictment against Combs. For decades, Combs allegedly “abused, threatened, and coerced women and others around him to fulfill his sexual desires, protect his reputation, and conceal his conduct. To do so, [Combs] relied on the employees, resources, and influence of the multi-faceted business empire that he led and controlled—creating a criminal enterprise whose members and associates engaged in, and attempted to engage in, among other crimes, sex trafficking, forced labor, kidnapping, arson, bribery, and obstruction of justice.”

Combs has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Subramanian also wrote “there is compelling evidence of Combs’s propensity for violence” as he referenced the 2016 video footage of the rapper appearing to beat ex-girlfriend Cassie Ventura. Combs publicly apologized after a hotel surveillance video of the incident was leaked earlier this year.

The judge has yet to rule on Combs’s jailhouse notes, which were the subject of a heated hearing last week. Prosecutors gained access to them after an Oct. 28 sweep of the Metropolitan Detention Center (MDC) in Brooklyn, N.Y. The government claimed it showed that the entrepreneur was trying to pay off witnesses from jail. Combs’s defense team argued that the notes viewed were “attorney-client privileged material” they included in the defense’s legal strategy.

Subramanian said at the Nov. 19 hearing that he’d review whether the notes contained privileged information, which could take weeks, but that he would not take the notes into consideration when ruling on the issue of bail. However, he had some questions for the defense at the Nov. 22 hearing about if the defense retroactively wrote “legal” on the notes in question. The defense team said it was trying to get to the bottom of when “legal” was written on some of the notes, according to the Inner City Press.

Combs staying behind bars isn’t a surprise. Legal experts previously told Yahoo Entertainment that it was likely the judge would uphold the prior rulings as circumstances have not drastically changed.

On Sept. 16, Combs was arrested by federal agents at a Manhattan hotel and charged with racketeering, sex trafficking and transportation to engage in prostitution. He faces a flurry of civil sexual assault lawsuits as well but has maintained his innocence.



Source link

Tags: 3rdBailBarsCombsDeniedDiddyremainSeantimetrial
Share30Tweet19
Connie Marie

Connie Marie

Recommended For You

Eric Dane Dead at 53

by Connie Marie
February 20, 2026
0
Eric Dane Dead at 53

Eric Dane Dead at 53 After ALS Battle Published February 19, 2026 6:18 PM PST Eric Dane has died at the age of 53, following a battle with...

Read more

South African Court Rules Against Gabrielle Goliath To Keep Exhibit

by Connie Marie
February 20, 2026
0
South African Court Rules Against Gabrielle Goliath To Keep Exhibit

by Nahlah Abdur-Rahman February 19, 2026 The artist condemned the decision, while fellow naysayers call it an act of censorship. A South African high court has rejected a...

Read more

‘ANTM’ Cycle 3 Winner Eva Marcille Says She Was Shocked by Claims in Doc

by Connie Marie
February 19, 2026
0
‘ANTM’ Cycle 3 Winner Eva Marcille Says She Was Shocked by Claims in Doc

'ANTM' Eva Marcille I Had No Idea About Shocking Doc Claims!!! Published February 19, 2026 12:41 PM PST Play video content CBS Eva Marcille is making it crystal...

Read more

How to Wear Pink Lipstick For Every Skin Tone

by Connie Marie
February 19, 2026
0
How to Wear Pink Lipstick For Every Skin Tone

Pink lipsticks are one of the lipsticks that never go out of fashion. The trends go out of fashion each year but pink never goes out of fashion....

Read more

Matthew Morrison Sets Three-Week Run In Broadway’s ‘Just In Time’

by Connie Marie
February 19, 2026
0
Matthew Morrison Sets Three-Week Run In Broadway’s ‘Just In Time’

Glee star Matthew Morrison will take a turn as Bobby Darin in Broadway‘s Just In Time for three weeks between the departure of original star Jonathan Groff and...

Read more
Next Post
Which Chains Are Closed? – Hollywood Life

Which Chains Are Closed? – Hollywood Life

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse by Category

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized

CATEGORIES

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized
No Result
View All Result

Recent News

  • Foo Fighters Fashion ‘Favorite’ 12th Album
  • Rapper Lil Poppa’s Cause Of Death Revealed • Hollywood Unlocked
  • Eric Dane Dead at 53

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In