Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop
No Result
View All Result
Dream Wired
No Result
View All Result
Home DramaAlert

Donald Trump Wanted To Ban TikTok In 2020 And It’s Now Up To Him To ‘Save’ It In 2025

Connie Marie by Connie Marie
January 19, 2025
in DramaAlert
0
Donald Trump Wanted To Ban TikTok In 2020 And It’s Now Up To Him To ‘Save’ It In 2025
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


In case you forgot: In 2020, former President Donald Trump signed an executive order looking to ban TikTok in the United States; and now in 2025, it is being left up to him to “save” the platform.

You might also like

Robert Duvall, ‘Apocalypse Now, ‘John Q’, and ‘The Godfather’ Actor, dies at 95 • Hollywood Unlocked

Jeffrey Epstein Emails Refer to Toxic ‘Zombie Drug’ Plants He Kept

U.S. Border Czar Defends Masks For ICE Agents Amid Shutdown

RELATED: President Joe Biden Decides Not To Enforce Looming TikTok Ban, Instead Leaves Chinese App’s Fate To President-Elect Donald Trump

In July 2020, Donald Trump first claimed he would ban TikTok from the United States, and then on August 6, 2020, Trump officially proposed, with an executive order, to ban TikTok’s Chinese parent company ByteDance on September 15, 2020.

Months before Trumped signed the executive order, U.S. officials were planning to ban the app due to national security concerns and the possibility of sharing data with China’s government. ByteDance responded back to Trump and threatened to sue his administration, claiming, “We will pursue all remedies available to us in order to ensure that the rule of law is not discarded and that our company and our users are treated fairly — if not by the Administration, then by the U.S. courts.”

Trump continued to demand that ByteDance sell its shares in TikTok to a U.S. ally, and soon enough he was out of office, leaving President Joe Biden to continue the fight to ban TikTok — which eventually took place. In March 2024, Joe Biden said if Congress passed a bill to ban TikTok, he would sign it and a month later, the House and Senate approved the bill forcing the sale or ban of TikTok and as promised, Biden signed the bill into law.

RELATED: Donald Trump Says He Will Most Likely Give TikTok 90-Day Extension After He Takes Office

As it had been doing TikTok and its CEO fired back and claimed they “weren’t going anywhere.” In May 2024, TikTok filed a lawsuit against the U.S. government, claiming the potential ban violated the First Amendment. In December 2024, a federal appeals court decided that TikTok must find a new owner to avoid a ban and U.S. lawmakers told Apple, Google, and other web-hosting platforms to be prepared to remove TikTok from their app stores on January 19.

Days later, President-elect Donald Trump addressed the potential TikTok ban and urged the Supreme Court to delay it so that he can “negotiate a resolution to save the platform.” In January, days before the TikTok ban and Donald Trump’s inauguration, President Joe Biden announced that his administration would not be enforcing the looming ban and would instead leave the Chinese app’s fate to Donald Trump.

A day later, the Supreme Court upheld the ban on TikTok, despite their argument about a First Amendment violation. The ruling ordered ByteDance to shut down operations in the U.S. on January 19 and hours before the deadline, the Chinese-based company’s apps (TikTok, CapCut, and Lemon8) went dark and were pulled from app stores.

RELATED: White House Says TikTok’s Threat To ‘Go Dark’ On January 19, Without Joe Biden’s Support, Is A ‘Stunt’

However, what was most interesting was that not only did President Biden’s administration call TikTok’s threat to “go dark” on January 19 a “stunt,” but when TikTok shuttered, it left a message with its users claiming, “We are fortunate that President Trump has indicated that he will work with us on a solution to reinstate TikTok once he takes office. Please stay tuned!” Donald Trump, who is being looked at to “save” TikTok in 2025, is the same person who introduced the idea to ban the app in 2020.

Hours before TikTok went dark, Donald Trump also claimed that he will likely give its owner a 90-day extension as all parties try to figure out a solution to keep the app around indefinitely in U.S. But, for now, the TikTok, CapCut, and Lemon8 are no longer accessible to Americans, nor by VPN, and Trump is now left to “save” the day.

RELATED: Chinese-Owned ByteDance Apps TikTok, CapCut, And Lemon8 Officially Suspend Service, Pulled From App Stores Hours Before U.S. Ban On January 19

#Socialites, be sure to check out the post below, then leave us your thoughts in a comment after!





Source link

Tags: BANDonaldsaveTikTokTrumpWanted
Share30Tweet19
Connie Marie

Connie Marie

Recommended For You

Robert Duvall, ‘Apocalypse Now, ‘John Q’, and ‘The Godfather’ Actor, dies at 95 • Hollywood Unlocked

by Connie Marie
February 17, 2026
0
Robert Duvall, ‘Apocalypse Now, ‘John Q’, and ‘The Godfather’ Actor, dies at 95 • Hollywood Unlocked

Hollywood just lost an another great star. Robert Duvall, the man whose name alone carries decades of cinematic greatness, has passed away at the age of 95. His...

Read more

Jeffrey Epstein Emails Refer to Toxic ‘Zombie Drug’ Plants He Kept

by Connie Marie
February 16, 2026
0
Jeffrey Epstein Emails Refer to Toxic ‘Zombie Drug’ Plants He Kept

Jeffrey Epstein Files Asked About 'Zombie Drug' Plants He Kept at Nursery Published February 16, 2026 3:15 PM PST Jeffrey Epstein may have had a collection of highly...

Read more

U.S. Border Czar Defends Masks For ICE Agents Amid Shutdown

by Connie Marie
February 16, 2026
0
U.S. Border Czar Defends Masks For ICE Agents Amid Shutdown

by Nahlah Abdur-Rahman February 16, 2026 One of the Democrats' demands to end the government shutdown is a removal of the mask mandate for ICE agents. White House...

Read more

Pedro Pascal and Rafael Olarra Spotted Linking Arms in New York

by Connie Marie
February 16, 2026
0
Pedro Pascal and Rafael Olarra Spotted Linking Arms in New York

Pedro Pascal Gets Close With Rafa Olarra in NYC Published February 16, 2026 9:00 AM PST Pedro Pascal and Rafael Olarra were snapped in New York City over...

Read more

‘Tutu’ Documentary On Archbishop Desmond Tutu Premieres At Berlinale

by Connie Marie
February 16, 2026
0
‘Tutu’ Documentary On Archbishop Desmond Tutu Premieres At Berlinale

South Africa’s racist system of Apartheid endured for generations and, so brutally was it maintained, appeared impregnable. One of those who played a vital role in its unlikely...

Read more
Next Post
No Boys Allowed: Sorry Papi Announces "The All Girl Rave" Tour

No Boys Allowed: Sorry Papi Announces "The All Girl Rave" Tour

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Browse by Category

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized

CATEGORIES

  • Celebrity
  • Comics
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • Music
  • TV
  • Uncategorized
No Result
View All Result

Recent News

  • The Rookie – Baja – Review: Justice for the Forgotten
  • Shia LaBeouf Celebrates Lundi Gras in New Orleans
  • Robert Duvall, ‘Apocalypse Now, ‘John Q’, and ‘The Godfather’ Actor, dies at 95 • Hollywood Unlocked

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • DramaAlert
  • Gossip
  • Movie
  • TV
  • Music
  • Comics
  • Shop

Copyright © 2025 DramaWired.
DramaWired is a content aggregator and not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In