According to the United States Secret Service (USSS), the gunman who fired three shots outside of the White House tonight is confirmed dead with one bystander in critical condition. That shooter has since been identified as 21-year-old Maryland man, Nasire Best, according to MSNOW, The New York Post, and Fox News.
RELATED: FBI Says Donald Trump Shooter Looked Up JFK Assassination A Week Before Opening Fire At Butler Rally
As we previously shared, the White House was placed on lockdown after reports of at least 30 shots fired in the area. President Donald Trump was working inside the Oval Office, and was not harmed.
According to the Secret Service, the incident occurred around 6 p.m. EST on Saturday evening (May 23). The gunman is accused of rushing a White House checkpoint on the west side of the building. Authorities said he pulled out an apparent pistol and fired three times at USSS agent outside the White House.
RELATED: Gunman Kills At Least 2 With 8 Injured Before Setting Michigan Mormon Church On Fire; Donald Trump Speaks ‘Yet Another Targeted Attack On Christians, This Violence Epidemic Must End’
Secret Service Takes Down Gunman After Reports Of 30 Shots Fired Outside White House
Secret Service agents returned fire, taking down the shooter, leaving him in critical condition. He was transported a hospital, but died on the way.
Additionally, the Secret Service confirmed one bystander was injured during the shooting. The civilian was caught in the exchange while walking on a street. This person, unidentified, is in critical condition.
RELATED: ‘Anti-Trump’ & ‘Anti-Christian’ Cole Allen Allegedly Took Train From LA To DC To Target Donald Trump Officials In WHCD Shooting; Trump Uses Incident To Push Past Lawsuit Blocking $400M Ballroom & Bunker
According to MSNOW and The New York Post, the gunman previously approached the White House before and has a history with the US Secret Service and Washington, D.C. Metro Police. There was an interaction back in June 2025.
Subsequently, the suspect was ordered to keep away from the White House. Both publications also report that the suspect had a history of mental health issues and believed he was “Jesus Christ.”
RELATED: Donald Trump Slams ‘Stupid’ Reporter Challenging Claims D.C. National Guard Shooting Suspect, Afghan National Rahmanullah Lakanwal, Suffered Mental Issues After Fighting For CIA And Went Unvetted
#Socialites, be sure to check out the post below, then leave us your thoughts in a comment after!






